Friday, April 13, 2007

Friendship....

I discovered yesterday that I have been de-linked from the blogs of two of my friends. Of course I don't blame them, its not like I have kept up with this whole blogging experiment, but to remove someone from your link list...thats like ripping up or throwing away a picture of an ex, you have to keep it...its good karma.

Of course a link on a blog is trivial in the bigger picture. And I know that these two people are not heathens (well one is), but it did put the whole idea of friendship into my head...what does it mean to be a friend. I don't mean that category of people you keep in your cell phone because you will eventually need a drinking buddy or a warm body to act as filler for a party you will eventually throw, but a person(s) that you truly connect with and trust. For me that group is rather small. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of friends, but very few that I “let in". That list was reduced in the past few weeks and with Steph getting on the plane for S. Africa this Wednesday, will go down again. I’m sure gonna miss her.

So, you see. The de-linking on someone else’s blog is really no big deal, but it is symbolic of what is going on in my life.

I hate feeling depressed.