Thursday, April 19, 2007

Oh My God, they killed my AIM guy...those bastards!



For all of you worker bees out there that refuse to do anything at work, but work...turn away. You do not want to know how the other half lives.

This morning I signed on to my laptop, and yes it is a work computer. Anyway, I run through the motions. I open the wireless card, open the Internet explorer to the drudereport (one of my guilty pleasure) and eventually I check the work e-mail account to make sure that I still have a job. At some point during this process AOL AIM starts up. It is not something that I intentionally open, but its there...like an old friend. Well, that old friend did not come around today.

You see, this is my own fault. As a rule, we are not allowed to access any chat services via our laptops. However, somehow, when my new machine was configured they left that door open and I walked through it. Don't get me wrong, I do not spend all day chatting, as a matter of fact, my buddy list is quite sparse. But it is there, it was my little place in the cyber world. I even went so far as to create my own little identity with animations, backgrounds, and even a dog on occasion (yeah, I know what your thinking 14 yr old girl).

So, dumb ass me signed on to the company network yesterday to access some files from our corporate shared drive. That was it, in seconds it was over. The system realized that the program was on my machine and denied me access.

I am going to miss that little guy!