Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weekend in Review

Well, its 8:41 pm on Sunday, this means that the weekend is officially shot. My work clothes are laid out and my gym bag is packed...I am ready for Monday. Since I really don't have anything to say I thought a quick weekend recap might be appropriate.

Friday Night - As I mentioned last week, Stephanie is heading to S. Africa on Tuesday for a six week adventure. We sent her off good by having a little throw down and Recessions near Farragut North. To say the bar is "ok" is being polite. Its in the basement of a hotel, a hotel to this day I do recall the name. The night was fun. A couple of highlights:

  1. I got to meet her crazy friend Erin Marie and this bitch is NUTS. It is so bizarre to meet someone that gets you....no, not in a romantic sense, but in a level of thinking...or in this case, sense of humor. Bottom line: I think we were separated at birth, well except she is black and 29...but you get my point.
  2. After leaving Recessions, we went to the bar inside the Jury's Hotel for one more (which I did not need). It was fun, but if I had not enjoyed the previous bar so much, I am sure there is a blog-worthy story...but at this point, it would merely be speculation - don't read into that....I was perfectly happy to sit in a corner and talk about people.
  3. Tracy was nice enough to let me crash on her couch...Christ that was a long walk. I did however get the pleasure of listening to her brother throw up his evening.
Saturday - This was definitely a great day to stay in and be hung over. The weather throughout the entire weekend sucked. Michael picked me up and we pretty much hung out around the house. Later on in the evening a small group went out to celebrate Tracy's 30th. I can't believe it...my young friends are in their 30s.

After a pretty good dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery, we walked around Ballston Commons. I've never been so it was a mall. I did buy a new camera. I'm pretty excited about that. Steph her crew and Tracy went to see a play. We skipped out, but I heard it was good.

Sunday - Another rain soaked day. The basement is leaking again, which pretty much sucks. I went for a run today, not the 12 miles I wanted to do, but good enough. It only took a year, but I really enjoy running. I enjoy the challenge of pushing myself and the peacefulness of doing something by myself. I feel really weird going to the gym lately. I don’t feel uncomfortable, rather out of place.

Well, that’s it. I am sure more happened, but odds are, if anyone is even reading my blog anymore, you’ve stopped reading this entry. If, however, you made it this far, thank you for listening.