Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Friendster Update...

I didn't realize how much a social tool the Internet was until I hit grad school. It was early on in the first semester and every time I turned around someone was asking what my screen name for this site or that site was. So, like most everyone else in the modern world, I signed up for them....The Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, Classmates...and probably others I've forgotten about. As grad school became and smaller image in the rear view mirror of life, I stopped checking or updating the sites...nearly forgot about them until today.

While doing my favorite past-time today, cyber-stalking, I googled a name from my past. I'm not sure why I did it, but curiosity got the best of me. At any rate, I put the name in, clicked "Google Search" and just like that, it was there in front of me. The friendster profile. I clicked and read (its always interesting to read how people view themselves in the world) looked at pictures, clicked at some friends. It was nice, cathartic (emotionally purging, not strongly laxative). Anyway, it was fun. So, I'm moving on, getting ready to close then I see a little image that says you are linked to blah through blah and the second blah is NS (five links).

I just laughed....